Monday, September 12, 2011

More Legally Free Music

    Time for another set of legally free music. This week we are going to start with a guy I saw live a couple of years a couple of years ago, Michael Burks. I was really impressed with his guitar work.  Strange Feeling is the free single and it is a sweet little modern blues track.  Next we have The Jay Trainer Band. Show me Yours is a sneaky little Honky Tonk blues piece with a message. My third blues piece for the week is another personal favorite, Smokin' Joe Kubek and Bnois King who are just a spectacular example of electric blues. The single is My Dog's Still Walkin' and it is just another of a long line of great songs by this duo. This next one I couldn't resist, having done two stints in the eighties and early nineties at Heavy Metal radio stations. The find is Sebastian Bach, the current reality TV star and former lead singer for Skid Row, his song is called Kicking & Screaming and it displays his still kickin' voice. Finally I am going to indulge my weakness for female singer songwriters with the new song from Barnaby Bright - Gravity a  thoughtful piece from a young songwriter with a good sound. Today I also want to mention a great deal from an absolute Blues legend. Boom Boom 80 Essential Tracks from John Lee Hooker is the album and right now it is on sale for just 6.99. This is a super steal as it has all his best plus some depth so you get a real feel for the genius of the man. Enjoy the music.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment