Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Free Books Worth Reading

     I broke down and got a real job. So I have not been paying attention the way I should here at my blog, but now that I am getting comfortable at work I will try to make sure I post at least twice a week and keep somewhat updated on my free book list. Four new books today starting with a book that would be well worth reading for 4.99 or more. A well written historical novel with some sidelights into the paranormal The Silence of Trees is well written and takes you to Siberia during WWII, which for most Americans is a place we know little about. Good stuff. Next is an obvious mistake by the publisher, Moscow Sting is a modern cold war spy novel that stands by itself but ruins the first book Red To Black, which is at the price the second book will be at in a couple of days. Third is a cool twist on the paranormal genre, Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles #1) looks at the life a young elf trying to exist side by side with humans without them knowing. Finally a little non-fiction to warm your mind. Most of the time you hear about the Bombers of WWII you here about the European Theatre but in the new book from Gordon Bennett Robinson Jr. brings his side of the war to us in Bringing the Thunder: The Missions of a World War II B-29 Pilot in the Pacific (Stackpole Military History Series) an exiting and well written account of the Air Battles over Japan that helped decide the war. Good stuff for reading all around.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment