Tuesday, December 6, 2011

More Legally Free Music

     Even though it is the Christmas season I felt the need for some regular free music for download so here goes. One of the sweetest sounding new artist I've heard in a while is Jonathan Wilson and his song The Desert Raven takes me back to artist such as Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Alan Parsons Project and Pink Floyd. This song just dreamily rocks my socks off. For a more modern sound take  a listen to Kid Savant and his song 4 Years which is a nice little modern rocker. I always am a sucker for new female singer songwriters so Amy Stroup was right up my alley with her new single Love You Strongly. My Blues song for the week comes from CW Stoneking an Australian artist who's song Dodo Blues hearkens back to the old Lightning Hopkins tunes with a story before the song. Modern folk doesn't have to be a single artist is what I found out with this next song from the band The Head and the Heart. I really like their free single Down in the Valley which combines folk with the rock sensibilities of Tom Petty or Jeff Lynne. 

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment